Another week, another round of “shake-my-head-in-disbelief about the soap opera that is the Big 12.” Might as well get to it, there’s plenty of C’Mon Man’s to go around the league this week. Here’s 5 of them:
1. Big 12 Conference Leadership: Can we get anyone with any common sense to lead this conference? Anyone? We just invited a really nice looking girl to the prom (West Virginia), then decided maybe her little sister was better looking (Louisville), and now, well…now we just can’t decide who to take. So we’ve got them both on hold while we make up our minds. Meanwhile, the rest of the student body laughs hysterically at the predicaments and stupidities that we continuously find ourselves in. Seriously. C’Mon Man.
2. Missouri: Sticking with the prom theme, Mark May had one of the classic lines of all time the other night on ESPN, labeling the Missouri Tigers athletic program as “thinking they are the prettiest girl at the prom, when everyone else knows they aren’t.” One year ago, Missouri basically anointed themselves as the next members of the Big 10. Now, they are doing the same thing with the SEC. I guess they don’t call themselves “The Show-Me State” for nothing. If the rest of the leaders of the Big 12 had any guts they’d show them something: The door. C’Mon Man.
3. Politicians: Is there anything more annoying than politicians trying to interfere with college sports? Aren’t there more important topics for our nations elected leaders to focus their attention on? Last I checked, the unemployment rate was pretty high, the country is like 100 mega-trillion dollars in debt, and there are currently thousands of hippies running around the country with nothing better to do than “occupy” America. Yet, Senators like Mitch McConnell apparently think that getting their alma-maters (Louisville) into a major football conference is a major priority. Now West Virginia Senators are crying ‘foul play’ and even going as far as to recommend investigations. Atta’ way. Let’s spend more money our country doesn’t have on something stupid. C’Mon Man.
4. Oklahoma Sooners Defense: A 39-game home winning streak is on the line. You were playing a team that just lost its best running back. You had a Heisman Trophy candidate. A national title was on the line. You were favored by 4 touchdowns. And then, your defense gave up 570 yards to Texas Tech, resulting in a 41-38 loss and,most likely, a shot at the national championship. C’Mon Man.
5. Bob Stoops: Then again, maybe we should be “C’Mon Manning” Bob Stoops more than the OU defense. Stoops is just 17-13 against the top 25 since 2004, and is 3-4 in bowl games in the last 7 seasons. You might disagree to “C’Mon Man” Bob Stoops, but national writer Skip Bayless is here to convince you otherwise: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7144020